Vision, Mission, and Core Values
We aspire to provide the Penn Hills Community and Allegheny County with an outstanding municipal public library.
The Penn Hills Library strives to be a welcoming commuity center that provides information and equitable access to space, collections, materials, programs and services that enrich the quality of life and facilitate lifelong learning.
- Customer Focus - The primary goal is to serve every Patron with prompt, friendly, quality service.
- Excellence - Strive for excellence through expertise and creativity.
- Teamwork - Foster a team environment for the contributions of the Board, Director, Staff, Volunteers and Friends.
- Respect - Treat everyone with mutual respect and dignity.
- Information - Provide equitable community access to information through technology.
- Literacy - Acknowledge the importance and foster an informed and literate community.
- Lifelong Learning - Provide resources and services that contribute to lifelong learning.
- Diversity - Embrace the diversity of the community through materials selection, programs, services and a handicap
- Community - Provide a community center for cultural programs, leisure activities and exhibitions.
- Collaboration - Foster partnerships and expand opportunities to provide more effective and efficient delivery of
materials, services and programs.